It may not be beginning to look like Christmas yet, especially in Florida, but it’s official, the 2012 holiday gift giving season has begun. This week we received our first holiday orders. A few individuals ordered custom crystal ornaments, mostly for baby’s first Christmas and Newlywed’s first Christmas and others ordered Engraved Wine Bottles. We’ve also received a few corporate orders.
Over the years we’ve noticed a few common attributes of early purchasers, they tend to be more creative and relaxed. They’ve taken time to chose custom artwork and an appropriate item to engrave. They like to see multiple proofs to make sure the artwork is just right and ask questions about the various gift items. They also tend to be more open to suggestions and different options. Needless to say, having time on your side also saves you money in shipping.
Most of the early orders are from corporate buyers, they like to have all of their gifts in hand before Thanksgiving – so their gift is the first gift received. Actually when you think about it early gift givers serve an important public service for everyone – listed below are 5 that come to mind.
- Feel Good – Early gifts are a sign to others that the holidays are almost here. Most of us cherish the holidays so the first gift is as welcomed as the first snow.
- Wake up Call – Early gifts also serve as a wake up call for others. The holidays are almost here – get a move on.
- Stress Relievers – Early gift givers relieve not only their stress but also the stress on suppliers, engravers, retailers and shippers.
- Economy – Early gift givers may receive early bird specials when available, but they save money by not paying rush or expedited shipping fees.
- Selection – No doubt about it the early shopper will have the best selection.
So I write the above as a note to myself and to our clients, start your holiday shopping now the benefits to yourself and others is great.